Frequently Asked Questions
We always like to talk to our guests, so you can book over the phone by simply calling us
Alternatively you can book online via this website and we will follow up with a call to confirm any requests or answer any questions.
We take the final payment via credit or debit card.
Cheques should be made payable to Snowhill Properties.
BACS payments to Snowhill Properties.
Bank Sort Code: 180002
Account no: 08792437
We understand that you might not be able to make a decision right away so we are able to provisionally hold your booking for up to 48 hours at our discretion. If you would like to exercise this option can you please make it clear when you make your enquiry.
- Follow government cleaning advice for non-healthcare environments In all spaces high touch, hard surfaces will be cleaned twice and disinfected and all linen will be washed at the hottest water setting before a guest’s arrival. Check-in times may be delayed to allow increased time for cleaning between stays, at all times following government guidelines for the UK and Ireland.
- Enable self-check in where possible and practise social distancing during stays All group spaces or shared facilities will be set up so that guests can socially distance easily.
- Have measures in place to allow guests to practise good hygiene throughout their stay All places will amply stock the necessary disinfectant, cleaning supplies, hand sanitisers and soap. Where possible, other measures to reduce risk will be taken. For example, guest information booklets or menus removed and the information given digitally instead.
As many as you like!
The rates are based on 7 nights and shorter breaks of 4 nights or less but we will always do our best to accommodate your preferred dates. The decision is at our discretion so please phone or email and ask.
The nearest train station is Chichester (direct trains from London Victoria take 85 minutes). West Wittering is 8 miles from Chichester.
Taxis are available at the station, however we advise that you pre-book as there can be limited availability during the summer months (we recommend Dunnaways: 01243 782403)
We welcome well behaved pets except for the months of July and August. September through June bookings with a dog will have an additional cleaning charge of £15 per dog for each week of your stay. This is due when you pay the balance of your booking. Please bear in mind that pets are only accepted on the strict understanding that:
- They are never left alone in the property
- They are kept under control at all times
- Guests will bring bedding/baskets and food bowls for their pets
- They are not permitted in bedrooms or on furniture
- The garden should not be considered dog proof.
- Breeds of dogs which are categorized within the Dangerous Dogs Act (which may be amended from time to time) or any other dangerous dog list in the United Kingdom will not be allowed on the property.
- All pets are up to date with flea and worming treatments
- Guests accept total responsibility for their pet/s and the pets actions e.g. cleaning up mess etc and being financially responsible for any damage caused.
You can arrive at the cottage any time from 3pm on your arrival day unless otherwise stated.
We ask you vacate the property by 10am on your departure day in order for the cleaners to prepare the property for the next guest. Failure to do so may incur extra cost.
Prior to your arrival you will be given a name and telephone number to contact before and during your stay for any queries or issues that may arise.
If any member of the holiday party suffers from an allergy to pets or suffers from any other allergies, please advise at time of booking.
We will not be held responsible for any loss, damage, expenses or costs incurred and refunds cannot be considered due to allergic reactions.
Bed linen is provided and the beds will be made up for your arrival. A change of bed linen will be provided ONLY if requested for bookings of 2 weeks or more.
Please let us know on your booking form if a change of linen is required. We recommend that you bring rubber undersheets/waterproof protectors for young children. Cot bedding is not provided.
Towels are provided but please note these are for household use only, not for the beach and you will be liable for any damage or loss incurred.
We require a deposit of 30% of the total cost of your stay plus any extras at the time of booking. The balance is due six weeks prior to your arrival. We also require a damage deposit of £500 which will be refunded within 72 hours of your departure subject to inspection of the property.
NB: If you book less than 6 weeks before your arrival date we will require you to pay the amount in full at the time of booking.
Should you need to cancel a reservation for whatever reason, this must be requested in writing to email@example.com or via the contact page of the website.
We will attempt to re-let the cottage on receipt of cancellation and if we are successful we will refund you for monies paid minus an administrative fee for £50.00 per booking. If we are only able to re-let the cottage for part of the period booked we will refund an amount equal to the monies paid less (1) the rental for the period that is not re-let and (2) an administrative charge of £50.00 per booking. If we unable to re-let the cottage for the period booked you remain liable for the final payment on the due date as indicated in the Payment section. If we are successful in re-letting the property for the whole or part of the period of the booking after the client has made the final payment, the client will be reimbursed in accordance with the refund conditions above.
We advise that you take out separate holiday cancellation insurance.
2XS Watersports - on West Wittering beach and a five minute walk from the cottage. The school runs a wide range of watersport courses including windsurfing, kitesurfing, surfing and paddling. 2xs.co.uk The Goodwood estate just outside Chichester – see Goodwood.com for events, golf, flying, horse racing and the historic house. Pallant House Gallery – houses a permanent colection of Modern British art as well as showcasing a rolling programme of temporary exhibitions. pallant.org.uk/ Chichester Festival Theatre – one of the UK’s flagship theatres. cft.org.uk
The cottage is cleaned and beds made up prior to your arrival.
There will be an additional clean arranged for each additional week of your stay.
Mid-week cleans can be arranged with advance notice, please contact us re timings and costs.
West Wittering village is 5 minutes walk from the cottage and has an excellent cafe, a butcher, a beach shop and a convenience store. There are also two pubs and a restaurant.
The nearby village of East Wittering has two supermarkets, a chemist, a fishmonger as well as a variety of other shops and restaurants.
There is a Waitrose (01243 775721) and Sainsbury’s (01243 775721) in Chichester. Both will deliver an on-line shop to the cottage.
There is a cash machine at SAYA in West Wittering.
You will find a comprehensive file of Visitor Notes plus a selection of leaflets giving detailed information about local activities. The kitchen is well equipped and includes a microwave and Nespresso machine.
For young families we provide melamine plates & bowls, a folding bed rail, a highchair, and a travelcot (however we do not supply cot sheets).
There is a selection of beach toys and life jackets in the garden shed. There are 2 adult bikes for guests use but these are used at your own risk and we shall not be liable for any accident or injury.
Please email us to enquire if any specific pieces of equipment are available.